Thursday, May 30, 2013

That was neither easy nor fun.

O hai.  I came back!  How overjoyed you must be.

What have I been working on for the past week?  G.I. Joe customs.  Geordi La Forge and J. Jonah Jameson.  As the title of my post states, that was neither easy nor fun...which is technically true, but I'm very, very happy with the finished product and that make it totally worth it.

So, as you can see from the mahhhvelous picture, this has nothing to do with the giant list of things in my previous post.  It's because a little cat voice in my head squealed "you can dooo it!" and I stupidly listened and said "Heeeey, can I do this show?"  And they were like "suuuuure, here are your PIECES" and I was like "piecES?  I thought it was just one.  But it's ok.  I can dooo it!" then as I realized it was taking a crapload longer than anticipated, there was me painting at 3 AM going "shiiiiiiiiit" wondering how I was going to finish on time.  That was my story.  Not so funny, no, but I guess you had to be there.

These two pieces are for the G.I. Joe custom show brought to you by SubUrban Vinyl, Tenacious Toys, The Loyal Subjects, Hasbro, and the letter K.  

Over 30 artists will be participating, and we expect north of 100 customs!  If you're in the area, come support your awesome artists!


After this, I have the ... well, actually, everything else.  That's not true.  I'm done with the Monster Magnets.  Don't they look freakin' awesome????  SO HAPPY with them! 



Also, I've fortunately decided to use these as my submission for Dream in Plastic's custom toy show next month.  That saves me a buttload of time.  Yes, my schedule is still unbelievably full.  But I am still very happy.  ^.^  I will definitely be painting more sets in the upcoming months.  They will be available in my store, sold as a group as well as individually.

Here are my top 5 projects (in order of urgency...but they ALL need to be done somewhat soon):

  1. O'BOT for Carbon-Fibre Media and Argonaut Resins (I've completed 1 so far.  Hey, it's SOMETHING.  DON'T JUDGE ME!)
  2. 12" Vinyl  for Art in the Groove
  3. Kaiju Kaos Mushrooms (Done.  They just need to be mailed back)
  4. Dubose's Eggnabber (Mostly done)
  5. Cash Cannon's Zombie Candy Corns
Others include but are not limited to:  
Lunartik Mini Custom Cup o' Tea
DrilOne Drones
October Toys Deadbeets and OMFG Series 1 and 2
Motorbot Owl
Ocular (Hellgnome) Monsters
64 Colors Gumdrops

Aaaaand my brain just broke again thinking about my workload.  Hahahaha.  *facepalm*


Ok, I have tons of work to do and ZERO time yet ZERO motivation.


If any of you decide to trek up to SubUrban Vinyl tomorrow night, I'll be there.  How will you recognize me?  I'll be the short Asian girl.  That should be sufficient.




Talk to you soon!

Stay nerdy and eat your veggies.  Also, stay cool.  It's a nasty day today.  91°F in May.  Bleh.   

kthxbai

Wait.  I've just realized that tomorrow is my first show!  *dance, dance* Congrats, me!  I'm going to buy me something pretty to congratulate myself :P  How about french fries?  Deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment