Thursday, June 6, 2013

Pass the Coffee

These past several days have been exhausting.  I'm not complaining; just reporting the reality of doing lots of work.  But it's leaps and bounds better than school, so I'm grateful to even have the spare time to paint.  Still, there are some late nights.  And then I have to get up early and go to work.  Fun.

This O'Bot project ate up a lot of time -- again, no, I'm not complaining -- and I wish I could have posted lots of pics of them!  But since I've been asked to refrain from showing people the final product, there has been radio silence on Instagram since the SubUrban Vinyl show.  I do definitely promise that you will not be disappointed, and it will be well worth the wait!  It'll hit the blogs and such and you'll see.  Sorry for the lack of pictures today.  I know some of you need pictures when reading to hold your attention (wait, that's me...), so I apologize if I lose you.

I recently mailed the Monster Magnets over to Dream in Plastic in Beacon, N.Y. for their Custom Toy Show this weekend.  Whether or not I plan to attend the reception is still up in the air.  It's a somewhat long drive, and I am very lazy.  These beauties have been getting some decent blog coverage (Tenacious Toys, SpankyStokes, toysrevil, Tomopop) which is GREAT since I recently had blogs for the G.I. Joe customs.  Very happy.  Very excited.  Chugging along.

Last night, Nick Jodice came over for a bit.  We hung out, made some burgers on the grill, and eventually got to talking and demonstrating painting stuffs.  We also (and by we, I mean I...and this originated when we all tried Harpoon's hard cider for the first time) joked about a Food Network-type cooking show on HBO or Showtime that features a chick with a bad attitude.  She makes a sauce and tastes it, and exclaims "God DAMN.  It'd eat the SHIT outta this!"  The idea seriously excites me.  ^.^

Aaaaanyway, this dude is a really good sculptor, and I'm extremely stoked to see how he incorporates painting into his art.  Small Angry Monster and I originally met Nick at Chiller Theatre in October 2012.  He was vending, and we were browsing.  Since then, we've all started hanging out and talking art and even playing some D&D (nerd alert!) together.  He's a very cool dude and talented artist.  You should check him out!

Ok, so here's the updated top 5 projects list (in order of urgency...but they ALL need to be done somewhat soon):
  1. 12" Vinyl  for Art in the Groove
  2. Kaiju Kaos Mushrooms (Still done.  They just need to be mailed back.  I really gotta do that.)
  3. Dubose's Eggnabber (Mostly done.  Get on it, cat!)
  4. October Toys Deadbeets
  5. DrilOne Drones
Others include but are not limited to:  
Cash Cannon's Zombie Candy Corns (they need to arrive first lol)
Lunartik Mini Custom Cup o' Tea (I need a really good idea)
Triplikid's Gropers
October Toys OMFG Series 1 and 2
Motorbot Owl
Ocular (Hellgnome) Monsters
64 Colors Gumdrops

This IS a long list, but I've finally committed to being a vendor at Chiller this October, and I really want to get a head start on halloween type stuff.

Ok, it's that time again.  Time for me to eat unhealthy noms and play Angry Birds Friends (I call it Birds with Friends, lol).

Be well, stay nerdy, and remember to floss.

kthxbai

No comments:

Post a Comment