Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Crunch Time

I ignored looming deadlines in college.  Traditionally, crunch time was after the sun set the night before whatever it was that I had put off was due.  Today, however, after learning about time management and completing projects here in the non-academic world, I call less than a month crunch time.  This is mostly due to the laundry list of things I need to complete by October 10th.  Then we start the dance again for things due on October 25th.

There are currently two things that are on my radar:  NYCC exclusives and promotional items.

Last week, I appeared on the NYCC website.


Look!  There's me!

 This is a really large achievement, and I'm so grateful for everyone for their encouragement and faith in my abilities and talents (Adam, Kris, Mike Die, Cash Cannon, Eric, Karen, Liz, the Robs, NEMO, Benny, Rsin...the list could seriously go on for days.)  Details of my signings and some exclusives are available on the Tenacious Toys website.  I know about half of the artists listed here personally, and they are a talented, friendly, quirky bunch.  Very much looking forward to spending time with them at NYCC!

Needless to say, I am elated.  I'm also crunched for time.  At signings, it is common for artists to offer promotional items such as post cards, buttons, and stickers.  Well, crap.  I don't have any of that, so in a very short amount of time, I have done preliminary sketches and am currently working with two or three different companies' art teams to create something remotely presentable.  That, in itself, is a full time job.  I also have the other full time job that involves me actually painting all of these things for these cons.  And on top of that, there's my normal 9-5 job that involves zero art.  But, hey.  It's my office ennui that allows me to spend the money on these post cards, buttons, and stickers.  I'd definitely say it's worth it.

But I love it.  I absolutely love it and wouldn't dream of complaining lest I sound pretentious.  (ex: "Ohhh, I WISH I had time to hang out, but I'm just so busy being impooorrtant"...ok, maybe not EXACTLY like that.)

What should you expect at NYCC from SoKo Cat?  How about we look at these handy dandy pictures and find out :)

Zombie Candy Corn - Tenacious Toys NYCC Exclusive
 
Marley's Ghost - KiD iNK iNDUSTRiES NYCC Exclusive

Not all of the Marley's Ghosts are glow in the dark, so I will definitely have more than one paint scheme.  The ZCCs are all the same.

On top of that, I've had a recent Bronzebeet release:

Bronzebeets!

And then there's the artist sketch cards for people who purchase things at the cons:


Buttons and post cards not shown because they're not yet presentable.  Once they're here, I'll gladly show them to you.

So, kiddies, who will be at NYCC or Chiller Theatre this year?  SoKo Cat.  I hope you can make it!  It would be wonderful to meet you.

That's really about all for now.  I'll check back in soon with updates and more pictures!

Stay nerdy, chummers.  And always remember to floss.  Seriously.  Gingivitis is not fun, and a receding gumline is pretty much permanent!

kthxbai

No comments:

Post a Comment