Wednesday, September 4, 2013

The Wrath of Cons

You see what I did there?  I made a pun ^.^

In all honesty, though, it is an accurate pun.  I have two conventions coming up in October, and SO much work to do!  Will someone PLEASE tell me why I've also agreed to some commission pieces in the middle of all of this madness?  Oh yes, because it's FUN!  That wasn't sarcasm, peeps.  When my eyes start to cross because I've been staring at Dunny heads for too long, it's good to pick up a Greasebat and work on something else.

That's a good tip, kiddies!  Always juggle three different projects.  No, really.  I promise I'm not being sarcastic, and I promise I'm not trying to sabotage you!  This is especially helpful when you're working on projects what have components that need to set or dry.  Washing, for instance, puts dark colors into the recesses.  It takes a good long time to completely dry, and if you're impatient, odds are you'll just ruin everything.  Truth.

Currently, I'm working on a number of things -- some of these things are TOP SECRET and will unfortunately not be revealed until I'm given the OK to do so (or until NYCC releases it).  I'll give you a slight spoiler alert and let you know that I will be doing signings at at least two booths!  Details will be revealed later this month.

(Wow, that sounds important and dramatic.  Speaking of important and dramatic, it always surprises me when people email me and are surprised and delighted to receive a personal and warm email as a response.  Yes, I answer my own emails!  No, I don't have minions to do such emailing.  Yes, I'd love minions to do my bidding.  No, you cannot be my minion.  But you can feel free to email me at any given time, and I will most likely email you back that day.  No, this does not mean you should go overboard and email me everything all the time always.)

Those caramel/candy apple Dunnys were very popular, but I did get some requests for less expensive versions.  Well, zip zap zoom abracadabra!  I will be making them using only the Dunny heads, and will be selling them for $30 each.  BAM.  There's your press release.  That JUST happened.  I'll have some up in my store for those of you who are not willing to travel all the way to Chiller Theatre.

On top of that, there will be lots of painted zombies, zombie candy corns, Baby Deadbeets, Argonaut Resins Series 2 monster magnets, O'Bots, and a few EPIC collaborations!  That's all I can say for now.  Whether I'm being cryptic because I don't want to spoil any surprises until at least October 1 or I can't remember everything off the top of my head is up to you to decide.

More updates soon!  In the meantime, go to my Instagram page to see what's on the menu.  What's on my plate?  How full my plate is? 

What I'm working on. 

Gawd.

Remember: three different projects or it's inefficient!  Unless you don't care about being inefficient...in which case I shrug my shoulders.  Whatevs works best for you!  I will not tell you how to run your life or do your art.  That's the wonderful thing about art: it's never wrong!  It's a freakin' artistic expression!  Ug, now I sound like a hippie.  I'm gonna go and wash my hands, finish up some work, and go home.  Oh, bed.  How I look forward to your fluffy, warm, awesomeness.  All in due time, my dear.  All in due time.

hahahahaha...I think I'm sleep deprived.  Damn you, late night art! *fist shake*

...

kthxbai

No comments:

Post a Comment