Friday, February 14, 2014

Inclement Weather?

I'll play along and agree with everyone when they express their dislike of wintery weather.

Anyone: "Can you believe it's supposed to snow AGAIN?"
Me: "Oh yeah, that sucks so bad" (facetious eye roll)

But the reality is that I love snow.  My commute is minimal, and when the plow traps me in my parking spot, I just have to gun my all-wheel-drive vehicle until I'm free.  This past week, we've had three or four bouts of snow, and it has interfered with my day job in wonderful ways.  In turn, it has given me several opportunities to ponder-about and create art stuff.

Earlier last week, I managed to grab a Baby Greasebat Dunny.  That is exciting on more than one level, and I can't wait to bring a brush to it.  As soon as it arrives in the mail, I'll start painting.  I hope it's soon!

Stock Photo
During one particularly bad snowstorm, I spent the majority of my day working on this dude.  A purchase from Rotten Daughter, it recently arrived in the mail, and I was really itching to paint it.  To be honest, I hadn't primed this by the time the snowstorm hit, and ended up doing so in my bathroom because I was impatient.

Before


Almost-After (not quite done, but mostly so)!  A weathered but still mostly happy robot! 
Not a commission or for a show -- just felt like painting it

Something I've noticed about painting:  I'm less inclined to burn myself out when I incorporate things I'm genuinely excited to paint into my repertoire.  Commissions and shows are wonderful, don't get me wrong, but there are times I see something and I feel a spark of inspiration and excitement when I think about painting it.  This robot dude was one of those sparks, and I'm so glad I bought him.  Thanks, Rotten Daughter, for having faith in me and giving me the privilege of being the first person to customize your robots!  :)

Well, that's really all I have for an update.  I hope you fellow northeastern hemisphere dwellers aren't hating the snow too much.  OMG that sucks so much...all of that snow... *wink* 

RE Snow Haters: Think of it scientifically, though.  You can't go anywhere because it's freakin' snowing like whoa, so you stay home and get things off of you To Do list because you're bored and have nothing better to do.  This makes you feel accomplished and productive, so each time you're cooped up at home and bored, the residual association will give you the habitual promise of efficiency.

Cough, cough, cough.  *hoarse & breathy*  Science and big words makes me hurt all over.

This weekend I have to resolve to finish working on the Jack Skellington and Darth Vader commission pieces.  Then I'm doing a piece or two of Super7 awesomeness.  I'm putting it in writing that I will be finishing pieces this weekend because I'm hoping it will actually force me to do it in its entirety.

Ok, nerds.  It has been swell indeed.  I hope you all had a wonderful week and are ready to have an epic weekend!  Epic may be a bit strong.  How about ... rejuvenating?  Or just plain old awesome.  Whatever.  I, myself, plan to paint with the Olympics on in the background, play some cards, and nap as often as I can.  Stay warm and hydrated and always remember to clean off the snow from the top of your car.  If cops see it fly off when you're driving, they'll pull you over.

Miss you MORE!

kthxbai

No comments:

Post a Comment