Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Happy New Year!

Long story short, my company played a game of musical chairs, and I have a different job.  How does that affect you?  Well, it means that I'm working with a completely new group of people in a new building.  I'm trying to keep my nose clean, so I've been crappy about updating my blog.

Without sounding too uptight, unless I schedule "blogtime", it won't get done.

I can make that a New Year's resolution.  What other resolutions have I  made?  That's a bit personal.  Ok, you've twisted my arm.  I resolved to use less profanity.  I resolved to lose the weight I put on due to work stress in 2013.  And now I resolve to update my blog regularly -- mostly because I despise taking so much time to apologize for not updating my blog!

Let us make an actual resolution, and not a "I, like, want to, like, update my blog more often, right?" approach.  I will not not allow my laziness to perpetuate to the point where it regularly interferes with my professional and recreational duties.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Gawd, that was a bunch of obligatory blah blah blah.  On to the fun stuff already!

Last week, a coworker of mine who I hadn't seen since 2013 wished me a Happy New Year.  I almost punched him in the teeth, but it was mostly because of the distance that had come between us since I moved to a different department.  But the lesson to take away from this is that you should not wish someone a Happy New Year after January 9th.  Unless it's the Chinese New Year.

Wait.  Did he wish me a happy Chinese new year?  Now I'm confused and feel slightly guilty for getting so angry.  Pause.  I'll have to research that and get back to you.  Happy New Year, by the way.

January was wonderful, thanks.  Aside from the work stuff (that you shouldn't care about), I obtained San Diego Comic Con and C2D2 professional badges!  Even though I make this a one sentence statement and seemingly just toss it out nonchalantly, I'm super excited to have had my professional applications approved and the idea of possibly attending SDCC this year.  Blazon Brikhaus and I also worked together nicely to produce some freakin' delightful art.  Her sculpting and my painting beget five unique Snowgirls!  You can find them in my store, or you can just admire this picture and continue reading. 


We've caught up to February!  Hooray!  Those of you who are following me on Instagram or have read the custom toy blogs within the past few days have already seen my submission for SubUrban Vinyl’s upcoming Valentine’s Day art show: “Heart Strings: Art to make hearts all a flutter or help mend the broken ones”.  Introducing Sweetheart Pups!  Resembling the well-known conversation heart-shaped candy, give YOUR sweetheart something sweet without fear of cavities or calories!  Select from four uniquely lovable pastel-colored pups printed with messages such as “Puppy Love”, “Love You”, “Be Mine”, and “Call Me”.



These adorable pups will be available for purchase at the opening reception this Saturday, February 8th from 6PM-9PM, and also at SubUrban Vinyl’s online store!  Be sure to sign up for the mailing list to receive the show preview!

Lastly, I'm working on two super awesome commission pieces: Jack Skellington and Darth Vader. 


Sculpting by the amazing Nick Jodice!  Jack is the only one worth showing since he's an actual WIP; Darth is fully sculpted, but is just black right now.  Yes, Darth and I are on a first name basis.  No, I didn't just make a race joke.  Well, I did just now...but that wasn't it before. 

So, that's really it.  Job change, painting, looooving the perpetual snowstorms, and being my normal sassy self.  Did you miss me?  If you did, I find that kind of weird but flattering. ^.^  But, alas.  It is time to say bye bye.  So soon?  Sadly, yes.  Don't wander too far away because I promise to return soon, nerds.   

Stay nerdy and warm...and always remember to disassemble (if possible) and wash your pieces with soap and water before priming/painting.  It removes any residont (a play on the word residue) left by your hands or factory manufacturing stuffs or chemicals and whatnot.  Bad stuff that will make your paint bead or uneven or not stick.  The washing will take it off.  But be sure to dry thoroughly because the little beads of water have the potential to foul up your art more than most residonts!

kthxbai :P

No comments:

Post a Comment