Monday, January 21, 2013

Exciting Prospects!

This weekend was absolutely mahhhvelous.  Met new people, spent time with good friends, and ate tasty foods.  How obvious is it that I'm motivated by food?  I'm like a freakin' hobbit.

First up is the gobos.  Yeah.  As you can tell, I didn't take any updated pictures of the gobos.  Well, I had some superb help from Small Angry Monster who was visiting this weekend (he's looking for an apartment!  Excited!), and after a few lessons in quickly highlighting a gobo, we inked and highlighted ALL of them.  Thanks for all of your help.

Next up is Laura who recently landed a BIG job!  Congrats, Laura!  We all took her out for sushi Saturday night.  This was less than half of the food we ordered.  A delicious mix of hot and cold food, I was very happy with its quality and quantity.  Even though I don't like fish.  Yes, I know.  There's nothing but fish on that platter.  I had the chicken teriyaki.


Sunday SUNDAY SUNDAY!  Monster truck racing!  Ok, I lied.  But while there was no monster truck racing, there was a wonderful visit to Hoboken to see Eric aka Argonaut Resins.  Business discussions, moving plans, art shows, new ideas!  It was all very exciting.  And then we went to Popeye's and ate fried chicken and continued to talk.

Artists talking!  Tuttz!  Fancy studio space!  Oooooo!


I gotta get me a big piece of paper taped to the wall so I can have a seamless white background when taking pictures.  This dude knows what he's doing.  It's like he's a professional or something!


These are the Monster Magnets painted by Small Angry Monster.  They're absolutely wonderful!  When asked if I could do a better job, I said I wasn't sure but would be willing to try and see.  So, that's my newest project: painting a set of Monster Magnets and comparing them to the guru.  It's going to be epically fun.


Also, while there, I received a tip about a show and the real possibility of working with some cool peeps AND being in a show.  More on that laters if/once I have details.

Other than that, my weekend was pretty boring. ^.^

Oh, and look at that.  It's time to go home.  Tonight we make a wonderful Korean dinner complete with bulgogi, white rice, dried seaweed, and whatevs else we have in the house.  Baked beans.  Not really.  I don't know.  LOL.  I'm so out of it.  I hate Mondays.

Ok, nerds.  And with that, I bid you a farewell.  Stay warm ... and nerdy, as always.  Next time you hear from me, I'll have updated pictures of the gobos...as if you're desperate to see them. :P

kthxbai

No comments:

Post a Comment