Wednesday, January 9, 2013

So Cold Cat

Do you see what I did, there?  Instead of SoKo Cat, I'm so cold.  I regret to inform you that the space heater in my office fried itself only moments ago.  My previously warm and cozy cat space has now turned frigid and frosty, plummeting a few degrees at a time each time a draft from the front door whizzes past.  So, I placed a purchase requisition for a new, better heater and if I'm not suffering from hypothermia by tomorrow at this time, I will resume said toastiness with the new hotness.  (Another pun!  I'm on fire!)  Until then, it's hot beverages which mostly consists of coffee, coffee, COFFEE!!!!! (boing, boing, boing, boing)

Right, so...last night I was planning on working on the Tricky Trikky, but had an unexpected journey to 750 Piece Jigsaw Puzzleland.  3 AM rolls by all too quickly when doing a jigsaw puzzle, don't you think?  I did have some help until almost 1 AM from friend and fellow artist Laura Weintraub who managed to put together at LEAST 15 pieces.

This first picture was taken at about 9 PM last night.  We were watching Taken 2: The Takening (Ok, it's just Taken 2) and had quickly abandoned the puzzle due to Liam and Famke and their takenings.

 
 
Fast forward about 5 hours.  Voila!  It's a nearly completed puzzle!  To be honest, I almost decided to head to bed at 2 AM immediately after I took this picture...but then didn't because I found another piece.  And then another.  Then I looked up and it was 3 AM.  Ergo me being exhausted yet highly caffeinated.


Getting to the meaty part of my update (how obvious is it that I've had too many cups of coffee?), THIS is all I have accomplished thus far on fair Tricky Trikky.  A little snowflake.  Ossum.  Only three or so more (at varying sizes), and then I shall begin painting.  At this rate, I should be done by 2014.

 
Tonight,...I'm not sure what's going on.  The People's Choice Awards is on, and I'm a sucker for awards shows.  Laura may come over again to have something tasty and easy for dinner (i.e. epic chili), finish the puzzle, and wince at the categories and their silly teenage heartthrob nominees.  Blor, I can feel my IQ dropping.  It's going to be wonderfully awful.

Sooo, yeah.  Disappointing art update; awesome babbling coffee update.

More later, nerds.  Yes, yes.  I miss you already.

kthxbai

No comments:

Post a Comment